The mission of SAU41 is to ensure a strong, supportive learning environment focused on academic excellence.
The vision of SAU41 is to help students acquire the knowledge and life skills for academic, social, and emotional success:
- The SAU41 schools establish and fulfill standards for academic excellence that are competitive at the state, regional, national, and international levels as benchmarked against recommendations by renowned independent bodies.
- The SAU41 schools educate students to be critical thinkers, creative problem- solvers, effective communicators, and socially responsible, engaged citizens who are college and workforce ready.
- The SAU41 schools use data from multiple and varied assessments to improve student learning; every student makes or exceeds expected annual progress.
- The staff, services, and culture enhance student self-esteem and employ a variety of strategies to meet the academic, social, emotional, and safety needs of all students.
- The professional learning community evolves and adopts best practices for learning; administrators and staff members are supported in their work and are compensated fairly and competitively.
- The School Boards, administrators, and staff engage students, families, and the community through effective communication of priorities, plans, and progress.
- The school districts in SAU 41 are models for sound fiscal responsibility and integrity.
Each district in SAU41 has a comprehensive district report card that measures its performance against SMART goals.